Empowering Children and Parents Together:
The Promise of Two-Generation Strategies for Community Schools
Tuesday, May 3, 2016 from 8:30am to 4:00pm
The California Endowment Oakland
1111 Broadway,Oakland, CA 94607
Registration is $55 per person.
On May 3, join the Center for Strategic Community Innovation, the United Way of the Bay Area, and Ascend at the Aspen Institute to learn more about the two-generation approach. Enjoy a full day of dynamic speakers, expert panel discussions and thought-provoking workshops. You will learn how this method is being used to provide a full array of coordinated services to both children and adults. You will also have the opportunity to network with leaders and practitioners in the field and come away with tools and strategies to develop and strengthen your own programs.
Two-generation approaches provide tools, opportunities and supports for both children and their families/caregivers to ensure the entire family thrives. 2Gen strategies are being implemented nationally in early childhood agencies, mental health agencies, school districts, community colleges and workforce development organizations in order to move children and their parents toward educational success and economic prosperity.
Goals – Participants Will:
- Learn more about the 2Gen approach and how it relates to your work with children and their families
- Network with leaders and practitioners in the 2Gen field
- Walk away with concrete tools and strategies you can use to elevate, strengthen, develop your 2Gen program
- Understand how 2Gen and Community Schools are complementary and mutually reinforcing strategies to end inequity by lifting children and families out of multigenerational poverty
- Be inspired
- Service providers, schools, community colleges, CBOs, and other practitioners interested in developing, elevating, or strengthening their 2Gen approach
- Thought leaders, policy makers and experts in the field